Channel NewsAsia

Malaysia will keep searching for MH370, says Najib

Prime Minister Najib Razak on Monday expressed Malaysia's resolve to continue the search for the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 that has been missing since March 8.

PUTRAJAYA: Prime Minister Najib Razak on Monday expressed Malaysia's resolve to continue the search for the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 that has been missing since March 8.

He said the country would carry on with the search for the Boeing 777-200 aircraft with the assistance of several other countries despite having nothing to show after 59 days.

The disappearance of flight MH370, bound from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, was unprecedented in the history of aviation as the aircraft's telecommunications system had been shut off and hitherto unused methods had been employed in the search, he said when addressing the monthly assembly of the Prime Minister's Department.

"Although we have yet to come up with results until now, the government is determined to continue with the search with the co-operation of friendly countries, particularly Australia which has shown extraordinary commitment to help Malaysia find our aircraft," he said.

Ministers in the Prime Minister's Department Jamil Khir Baharom and Abdul Wahid Omar, Chief Secretary to the Government Dr Ali Hamsa and Public Service Department director-general Mohamad Zabidi Zainal were also present at the assembly.  

Tweet Photos, Videos and Update on this Story to  #cna