- POSTED: 10 Jun 2014 18:33
Paul McCartney has postponed the start of his US tour, due to begin on Saturday, as he recovers from an illness that forced the cancellation of gigs in Japan and Korea last month.
LONDON: Paul McCartney has postponed the start of his US tour, due to begin on Saturday, as he recovers from an illness that forced the cancellation of gigs in Japan and Korea last month.
"I'm sorry but it's going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again," the 71-year-old former Beatle said in a statement on his website late Monday.
"I'm feeling great but taking my docs' advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon."
McCartney cancelled four sold-out dates in Japan and on the South Korean leg of his "Out There" global tour last month after falling ill with an undisclosed virus.
The Liverpool-born musician, one of two surviving members of The Beatles, was due to return to the stage on June 14 in Lubbock, Texas, at the start of the US leg of the tour.
However, that gig and six others scheduled for New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, Jacksonville and Louisville in June have been postponed to October.
"Paul McCartney has confirmed that he will, however reluctantly, heed medical advice to rest up just a bit longer to fully recuperate from the virus that forced the postponement of his recent dates in Japan and Korea," said a statement on the singer-songwriter's website.
"The 'Out There' world tour will now resume July 5 in Albany, New York... Tickets for the original June dates will be honoured for the new dates."
ar/gj/dh Entertainment-Britain-music-US-people-McCartney AFP 101017 GMT JUN 14