Nicholas Tse clears the air over “false reports” about ex-wife Cecilia Cheung
- POSTED: 12 Sep 2013 17:47
This graph is an experimental feature that tracks number of views over time.
Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse issued an official statement on Wednesday to refute negative reports about his ex-wife Cecilia Cheung.
HONG KONG: Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse said Wednesday through his lawyers that recent media reports, which claimed his ex-wife Cecilia Cheung had deliberately prevented him and his sister as well as mother from contacting his sons Lucas and Quintus, “are untrue”, reported Hong Kong media.
Tse explained in a media statement that he has “been in constant contact with his sons and maintain a close relationship with their mother”.
He also reserved the right to take legal action against those behind the “false reports”.
The 32-year-old actor, who is currently working on the gambling themed film “From Vegas to Macau”, added that these reports may lead to “misunderstandings between the children and their parents” and cause “unnecessary trouble" for his sons, who now live with Cheung in Canada.
Tse said he hoped the media would allow his children to grow up in a “healthy, trouble-free environment”.
The way he has handled this issue contrasts sharply with the way he handled reports about his alleged romantic links to Chinese actress Zhou Xun last month.
Tse had largely ignored the rumours about him and Zhou, but sought legal advice and released an official media statement to deal with the negative reports about Cheung.