75 buildings gazetted for conservation under URA's Master Plan 2014
- POSTED: 06 Jun 2014 11:25
- UPDATED: 06 Jun 2014 12:59
Buildings to be conserved include parts of Tan Tock Seng hospital, Robertson Quay warehouses and the former Commonwealth Avenue wet market.
SINGAPORE: Seventy-five buildings - including Alexandra Hospital, Queenstown Public Library and parts of Seletar airbase - were gazetted to be conserved as part of the Urban Redevelopment Authority Master Plan 2014 on Friday (June 6).
All 75 buildings had been proposed for conservation under the Draft Master Plan 2013.
The Master Plan, gazetted on Friday by Chief Planner Lim Eng Hwee, is the statutory land use plan that guides the physical development of the country in the medium-term.
The full list of buildings to be conserved under Master Plan 2014 is as follows:
- Leong San See Temple, 371 Race Course Road
- Ban Siew San Temple, 2 Telok Blangah Drive
- Koon Seng Ting Temple, 4 Telok Blangah Drive
- Tang Gah Beo, 6 Bukit Purmei
- Kiew Lee Tong Temple, 5 Jalan Tambur
- Sian Keng Tong, 216 Changi Road
- Former Chee Kong Tong (Thekchen Choling) Entrance Gate, 2 Beatty Lane
- Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, 141 Serangoon Road
- Sri Manmatha Karuneshvarar Temple, 226 Kallang Road
- Sri Vadapathira Kaliamman Temple, 555 Serangoon Road
- Sri Krishnan Temple, 152 Waterloo Street
- Angullia Mosque Gatehouse, 265 Serangoon Road
- Malabar Mosque, 471 Victoria Street
- Wak Tanjong Mosque, 25 Paya Lebar Road
- Former St Matthew’s Church & Kindergarten, 184 Neil Road
- Former Institute of Health (Bestway House), 226 Outram Road
- Alexandra Hospital, 378 Alexandra Road
- 394 Alexandra Road
- Queenstown Public Library, 53 Margaret Drive
- Former Commonwealth Avenue Wet Market, 38 Commonwealth Avenue
- Former Field Assistant’s House (Institute Of Policy Studies) & The Garage at Singapore Botanic Gardens
- 142 Moulmein Road (Department Of Clinical Epidemi ology - Tan Tock Seng Hospital), 144 Moulmein Road (Tuberculosis Control Unit)
- 5 blocks of Singapore Improvement Trust flats at Kampong Silat (18, 19, 22, 23 & 24 Silat Avenue)
- Robertson Quay Warehouses (17, 19 & 21 Jiak Kim Street; 19 & 20 Merbau Road; 41 & 42 Robertson Quay, 63 Caseen Street and 72-13 Mohamed Sultan Road)
- Former Royal Air Force Seletar (Blocks 179 & 450; 1, 2 & 226 Park Lane; 1 to 3 & 5 Hamilton Place; 3, 5A, 7, 9 to 13, 15 Hyde Park Gate; 1 to 16 The Oval)