Botched procedure means assaults ‘inconceivable’: Father accused of sexually abusing daughter
The victim tolerated the sexual abuse for more than two years, not daring to report the abuse because she did not want a broken family, say prosecutors.
- Posted 23 Nov 2016 19:37
- Updated 23 Nov 2016 22:55
SINGAPORE: A father accused of sexually assaulting his daughter for two years testified on Wednesday (Nov 23) that a botched penis enlargement procedure in 2009 left him incapable of intercourse, and said he “never touched” his daughter.
The alleged abuse is said to have taken place between 2011 and 2014.
The 42-year-old man, a food stall assistant, also accused his ex-wife and his daughter, now 14 years old, of “slander”. Both testified against him last week.
Father and daughter cannot be named to protect the victim's identity.
He is contesting 10 charges - five for aggravated molest, four for sexual assault and one for committing an indecent act with a child.
Prosecutors on Wednesday told the High Court that the teenager had given detailed descriptions of the sex acts her father allegedly performed on her. “Would you agree this is not appropriate sexual knowledge for a 14-year-old girl? She is only able to describe the sex acts in such detail because you had actually done these things to her,” said Deputy Public Prosecutor April Phang.
The father said he was “shocked”, claiming his daughter probably learned about sex from her friends. “My daughter is chaste,” he insisted.
The victim tolerated the sexual abuse for more than two years, not daring to report it because she did not want a broken family, DPP Phang said. But after a particularly bad instance of abuse, the girl confided in her mother in April 2014. Her mother asked him to leave the next day.
The man said that at the time, he had no idea why his wife had kicked him out. He said he only realised the allegations against him when he was questioned by the police a few weeks later.
However, prosecutors pointed out that the man never told investigators it was “inconceivable” that he could have abused his daughter because his sexual organ was deformed and too large.
“Can you explain, since this is the crux of your defence, why you never mentioned this at all?" questioned DPP Phang.
The man replied that the matter is “very embarrassing”.
Prosecutors also pressed the man for details on the three enlargement procedures he claimed he underwent in Johor Baru in 2005, 2007 and 2009, the last being the botched procedure.
They argued that he provided “unhelpful, insufficient, vague and unverifiable information” of who performed the procedures and that showed he concocted the story.
DPP Phang accused the man of casting doubt on his daughter's account, in a “despicable endeavour to create confusion and paint your own daughter as a liar”.
The trial continues in January.