- POSTED: 04 Jul 2014 15:44
Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Collyer Quay and Woodlands Road among the new locations to use closed-circuit television cameras from July 15 to prevent illegal parking, the Land Transport Authority says.
SINGAPORE: Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras will be installed in 10 more locations across Singapore from July 15 to tackle illegal parking, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Friday (July 4).
In a statement, LTA said the locations are selected based on considerations such as a high incidence of illegal parking, typically daily and throughout the day. Illegal parking impedes the smooth flow of public buses, particularly where the roads serve a high number of public bus services.
Once activated, the CCTVs will be used to monitor the specified locations 24 hours a day. Motorists will be able to easily identify these locations as they are clearly demarcated by parking restriction lines and signs to highlight their presence in the area, said the LTA.
The 10 new locations are:
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (AMK MRT)
- Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT)
- New Upper Changi Rd (Bedok MRT, Bedok Centre)
- Pasir Panjang Road (AVA centre to shophouses before MAS Currency House)
- Woodlands Road (Kranji MRT, both directions)
- Collyer Quay (both directions)
- Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 (Lot 1, CCK MRT/LRT)
- Choa Chu Kang Loop (outside CCK Bus Interchange)
- Jalan Sultan (Textile Centre)
- Tampines Central 1 (near to bus interchange, Tampines MRT)
The locations are in addition to the existing 10 locations already using CCTVs to deter illegal parking since Apr 14.
The agency also said another 10 locations will use the CCTVs by October 2014. bringing the total number to 30. The locations are:
- Beach Road (at Golden Mile Food Centre)
- River Valley Road (in front of Spize, Boon Tong Kee)
- Tanjong Katong Road (near Parkstone Road)
- Woodlands Ave 7 (Admiralty MRT)
- North Bridge Road (opposite and along Bugis Junction)
- Jalan Besar (Eminent Plaza)
- Punggol Road (junction of Punggol Central, both directions)
- Sembawang Road (Jalan Lengkok Sembawang )
- Serangoon Road (Tekka Centre)
- Upper Serangoon Road (junction of Simon Road & Florence Road)
The LTA said it will continue to monitor the effectiveness of the CCTVs after implementation and review the need for expansion to other areas where necessary.