- POSTED: 21 Jul 2014 15:27
- UPDATED: 23 Jul 2014 13:11
Travellers looking to experience Singapore's food heritage can now sample famous hawker fare from 13 popular stalls offering a total of more than 200 dishes.
SINGAPORE: Playing up Singapore's well-known reputation for good food, Changi Airport Group (CAG) has introduced a Singapore Food Street, which boasts fare from 13 popular local hawker stalls.
In a statement on Monday (July 21), CAG said it had set aside 1,000 sq m at Terminal 3 for the Singapore Food Street, which offers more than 200 dishes by household hawker names such as East Coast Lagoon BBQ Seafood, Odeon Beef Noodles and Changi Village Nasi Lemak.
The other 10 hawker stalls are:
- Tiong Bahru Meng Kee Roast Duck
- Sin Ming Road Rong Cheng Bak Kut Teh
- Jalan Tua Kong Minced Pork Noodle
- Bugis Street Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Old Airport Road Fried Kway Teow & Carrot Cake
- East Coast Lagoon Fried Rice Noodle
- Newton Circus Satay/Satay Bee Hoon
- Thai Corner
- Kampong Cafe
- Singapore Food Street Beverage Stall
"(The Singapore Food Street) brings to the airport Singapore's colourful hawker food culture, which is a big part of the average Singaporean's lifestyle. Not only do travellers now get to sample the best of local delights in Changi Airport, they can also dine in an environment that is uniquely Singapore," said Ms Ivy Wong, CAG's Senior Vice President of Airside Concessions.