Channel NewsAsia

Fire at Circuit Road: Discarded items could be a fire hazard, SCDF warns

A fire broke out around 7.30am on Thursday (July 24) at a 10th-storey staircase landing at Block 70, Circuit Road.

SINGAPORE: A fire broke out at a staircase landing on the 10th floor of Block 70, Circuit Road, at about 7.30am on Thursday morning (July 24).

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said a fire engine, two red rhinos, two fire bikes and a support vehicle were dispatched to the scene. A water jet to put out the fire. No one was injured in the fire. Investigations are ongoing, the SCDF said.

The fire involved discarded items on the 10th floor staircase landing, the SCDF said. It advised members of the public to take the following measures with discarded items to prevent fires:

  • Do not leave discarded items at common areas such as corridors, lift lobbies, void decks and staircases.

  • Arrange with Town Councils for the removal of unwanted bulky items such as cupboards, sofas, et cetera.

  • Anyone who observes items being discarded at common areas should report them to the Town Council.

Tweet photos, videos and updates on this story to  @channelnewsasia