- POSTED: 11 Dec 2013 16:41
This graph is an experimental feature that tracks number of views over time.
IKEA Singapore has asked customers who have an IKEA SMILA wall-mounted lamp to immediately check that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children when in a cot or playpen.
SINGAPORE: IKEA Singapore has asked customers who have an IKEA SMILA wall-mounted lamp to immediately check that the lamp and cord are out of reach of children when in a cot or playpen.
Customers are urged to ensure the cord is securely fastened to the wall, as loose lamp cords can be a strangulation hazard to infants and young children.
IKEA said it has received a report of a tragic accident in Scotland, where an infant in a cot died after getting entangled with the cord of a SMILA wall-mounted lamp.
No reports of such injury have been received in Singapore.
Customers are asked to go to the exchange and returns counters at either IKEA Tampines or IKEA Alexandra, or contact IKEA customer service at 6786 6868 to receive a repair kit free of charge.
The kit contains a warning label, safety instructions and self-adhesive fasteners for fixing the lamp cord to the wall.
IKEA said any corded product such as a window covering or blind can present a strangulation hazard. Such cords should always be kept out of reach of young children.