- POSTED: 05 Aug 2014 13:49
- UPDATED: 05 Aug 2014 14:07
Local aid group Mercy Relief has distributed food and medical supplies worth S$160,000 and procured an ambulance costing S$90,000 in the conflict-hit zone.
SINGAPORE: Humanitarian aid group Mercy Relief said on Monday (Aug 4) it has distributed an initial tranche of S$250,000 worth of aid in Gaza, out of the S$400,000 in its Gaza relief fund.
Food aid worth S$60,000 was distributed on Aug 1 – enough to feed 6,000 civilian victims for 20 days, according to the Singapore-based aid group. It also distributed medical supplies worth S$100,000, and procured a fully-equipped ambulance costing S$90,000 to be deployed by its Palestinian partner agency.
Said Mercy Relief Chief Executive Goh Chin Siang: “The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is the most dire since Mercy Relief’s first emergency response to the conflict in 2009 and again in 2012. We are once more throwing the full weight of our organization behind this mission and will continue to remain engaged so long as our funding support remains.”
Members of the public who wish to contribute to Mercy Relief’s Gaza fund can do so in the following ways:
- Crossed cheque to Mercy Relief Limited, with ‘Gaza Humanitarian Relief 2014’ written on the reverse, and mailed to 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, S310160;
- Cash donations at Mercy Relief’s office at 160, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #01-1568, S310160;
- Funds transfer to Mercy Relief’s DBS current account 054-900741-2;
- Credit card donations at Mercy Relief’s website.