Channel NewsAsia

No reports of affected Singaporeans in Egypt bus bombing

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said on Monday there are no reports of affected Singaporeans so far following the bombing of a tourist bus in Taba, Egypt.

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said on Monday there are no reports of affected Singaporeans so far following the bombing of a tourist bus in Taba, Egypt.

The bombing which happened on Sunday killed three South Korean tourists and the Egyptian driver, and injured at least 14 passengers.

Singapore has strongly condemned the bombing, calling it a heinous act of terrorism.

MFA said the Singapore Embassy in Cairo is in touch with Singaporeans in Egypt.

It has reiterated its travel notice that was issued on 5 February, advising Singaporeans to defer non-essential travel to Egypt and to avoid any overland travel to and from the Sinai area.

MFA added that Singaporeans who require consular assistance in Egypt may contact the Singapore Embassy in Cairo (+20 109 8064130) or the MFA Duty Officer (+65 6379 8800/8855).  

Tweet Photos, Videos and Update on this Story to  #cna