- POSTED: 14 Feb 2014 21:53
Singapore's international friends were recognised for their invaluable contributions to the Republic.
SINGAPORE: Singapore's international friends were recognised for their invaluable contributions to the Republic.
Six of them, including former US Ambassador to Singapore Steven Green, who was conferred the Public Service Star, received the awards from President Tony Tan Keng Yam at the Istana on Friday.
Dr Tan also gave out the Honorary Citizen Award and the Public Service Medal.
The recipients contributed significantly to Singapore in various capacities.
The National Awards are a means of recognising various forms of merit and contributions from individuals to Singapore.
The following are the recipients of the awards:
Honorary Citizen Award
- Mr Hiromasa Yonekura, Chairman of Sumitomo Chemical
Public Service Star (Distinguished Friends of Singapore)
- Mr Steven Green, Honorary Consul-General of Singapore in Miami; Special Advisor to the Singapore Government; Former United States Ambassador to Singapore
- Dr Franz Humer, Chairman of Roche; Chairman of INSEAD Board; Chairman of Diageo
- Mr Robert A. McDonald, retired Chairman, President and CEO of The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G)
Public Service Medal (Friends of Singapore)
- Mr Jean-Luc Butel, Corporate Vice President and President International of Baxter International Inc.
- Dr Michael Pryles, former Chairman of the Board and Founder President of the Court of Arbitration, Singapore International Arbitration Centre)