- POSTED: 21 May 2014 18:07
- UPDATED: 22 May 2014 12:10
Special Select Committee receives 36 proposal forms for Nominated Members of Parliament.
The Special Select Committee on Nominations for Appointment as Nominated Members of Parliament (NMPs) of the 12th Parliament has received a total of 36 proposal forms from the general public and functional groups for its consideration for appointment of NMPs.
In 2011, 50 nominations were submitted.
Current nominees include:
- Paralympian Dr William Tan,
- President for the Society for the Physically Disabled Chia Yong Yong,
- General secretary of the Singapore Kindness Movement Dr William Wan,
- Ex-national sailor Ben Tan,
- National Trade Union Congress leader K Karthikeyan,
- Theatre veteran Kok Heng Leun,
- Founder of Preschool Teachers Network Philip Koh,
- International Property Advisor's Ku Swee Yong,
- President of the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Society Raymon Krishnan
Singapore Management University Law Professor Eugene Tan and Jay Gee Melwani Group managing director R Dhinakaran are seeking second terms as NMPs.
The deadline for the submission of names was Tuesday (20 May) at 4.30pm. The names will now go before a Special Select Committee, and then to the President for appointment.