- POSTED: 15 May 2014 20:37
- UPDATED: 15 May 2014 22:02
Rio Ferdinand sidestepped questions about his abrupt departure from Manchester United on Thursday and said he was still considering his next move.
SINGAPORE: Rio Ferdinand sidestepped questions about his abrupt departure from Manchester United on Thursday and said he was still considering his next move.
The former England captain, taking questions in Singapore during a promotional visit, said he had already "settled" the matter with a statement on his website.
"My statement at the end settled what needed to be settled... I don't want it to become a 'Rio Ferdinand affair'," Ferdinand told media.
In his statement, the 35-year-old admitted that "circumstances didn't allow for me to say goodbye the way I would have liked", after a trophy-filled, 12-year career at Old Trafford.
Ferdinand was dropped for the last home game of the season and on Monday, he revealed he would leave the club after his contract expires in July.
British media said Ferdinand was only told at the last minute that his contract would not be renewed, in what was interpreted as harsh treatment for a long-serving and successful player.
Ferdinand, appearing with Manchester City's Sergio Aguero, said he was still mulling what do next. He looks likely to seek a new club after saying in his statement that he felt "fit and healthy, ready for a new challenge".
"Future-wise I am not sure... I am really enjoying my time here (in Singapore) and I haven't had much time to think about my next step," he said.