CNA938 QUIZ CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Contests held on CNA938 and its official platforms (each, a “contest”) are organised by Mediacorp Pte Ltd. Contests are open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above as of the date of entry in the contest and currently residing in Singapore. By entering a contest, you agree to these rules and regulations.
2. Employees of Mediacorp and their immediate family, sponsoring companies and their agencies are not eligible to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest. If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
3. You shall make full and honest disclosure of all particulars and information as requested by Mediacorp. Participants understand that submission of any inaccurate, incomplete, false or misleading particulars or information, or wilful suppression of material facts will render the participant liable for disqualification.
4. Calling through to CNA938 does not necessarily qualify one as the winner. Each caller must fulfill all criteria relevant to each contest in order to qualify as a winner. That means the caller must be aware of the contest he / she is participating in and fulfill all requirements (including but not limited to giving the correct answer when asked by the DJ / Presenter on duty).
5. If any person has taken part and won in any contest organised by CNA938 within 30 days prior to the relevant contest date (inclusive of the date of winning), then such person, and his/her immediate family members and/or anyone living within the same household, shall not be eligible to participate in the relevant contest. If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest.
6. In cases where listeners have to write in to participate in a contest, entries must be sent only to the address announced by CNA938 on the relevant contest platform but note that proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Additionally, multiple and photocopied entries are not allowed and will be considered void.
7. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp for the following purposes:
(a) For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
(c) For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
(d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) For administration and collection of prizes, including publishing of list of winner(s).
(f) For publicity and marketing purposes.
(g) To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
(h) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp may share your personal data with a third party in order for Mediacorp to perform the purposes as described above, or for other purposes where we have your consent to do so.
8. By agreeing to these rules and regulations, you:
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in the Clause above;
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the Clause above.
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at dpo [at] mediacorp.com.sg.
9. By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to take part in any promotional or publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp in connection with the contest and each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and use the participants’ performance(s) and appearance(s) in any manner as Mediacorp shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, video recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes or any other purposes as Mediacorp deems appropriate (whether now or in the future).
10. Winners shall be required to strictly adhere to instructions specified by Mediacorp for redemption of prizes won. Without limitation to the foregoing:
(a) If any redemption deadlines are specified by Mediacorp, all winners must claim their prizes by the stipulated deadline failing which the prizes will be forfeited. Claims made otherwise will not be entertained.
(b) In the event that winners are unable to collect their prizes within any specified deadline, they must immediately contact and inform Mediacorp to request for an extension, which shall be granted at Mediacorp’s sole and absolute discretion.
(c) In the event that prizes are required to be collected personally and a winner is unable to collect his / her prize personally, he / she may appoint a proxy to collect it on his / her behalf bearing a letter of authorization and a photocopy of the NRIC / Driver's license / Passport / Birth Certificate which Mediacorp will need to sight for verification purposes.
(d) Prizes which are delivered by Mediacorp to the winners will only be delivered to an address within Singapore. Mediacorp shall not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the process of delivery, for reasons beyond its control. All winners will be solely responsible for providing Mediacorp with accurate contact and/or delivery details, and in the event that any failure and/or delay in prize delivery or redemption is due to any incorrect or incomplete information provided by the winner, the winner shall fully indemnify Mediacorp for any losses and/or costs incurred.
11. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. In the event that a participant, for any reason, does not accept the prize, no other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or any part thereof).
12. Mediacorp and its sponsors reserve the right not to award any prizes, or to substitute or alter any of the prizes offered. In particular, where any prize (or part thereof) is unavailable, Mediacorp may (but shall not be obliged to) provide an alternative prize, in its sole and absolute discretion. Participants acknowledge and agree that all prizes may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by Mediacorp and/or any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the delivery of prizes (if any).
13. No obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp or its sponsors by reason of participation in a contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of a contest. Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by Mediacorp or its sponsors, the prize(s) or make good on any promise or offer to the participants.
14. By accepting a prize, a participant accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Mediacorp and its sponsors shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the participant’s acceptance of the prize. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp and its sponsors shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with a contest, including any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred arising from the prizes. A participant (and his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) shall sign such waivers and releases as may be required by Mediacorp, failing which Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify the participant. Mediacorp shall not be responsible or liable for any misinterpretation or misrepresentation of facts in respect of the prizes offered as published in any media, marketing or advertising materials.
15. Each participant shall indemnify Mediacorp, its related companies, and their respective officers, employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these rules and regulations.
16. Each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in connection with his participation in a contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
17. Contests held on Facebook and/or Instagram are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. By entering the relevant contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Instagram from any or all liability in connection with the contest.
18. In the event of any actual or suspected fraud, abuse, or breach of any of these rules and regulations by any participant, Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify him/her from a contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
19. Mediacorp reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations without prior notice or to terminate or postpone a contest at any time without prior notice.
20. In the event of a dispute, the decision of Mediacorp is final. No appeals or correspondence will be entertained.
21. These rules and regulations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the “CNA938 Quiz” Contest (the “Contest”)
22. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
(a) The Contest will take place twice a day on CNA938, from Mondays to Fridays between 7am to 9pm, for the period from 21 August 2023 to 13 October 2023 (the “Contest Period”), subject to the terms and conditions as set out in these Rules and Regulations.
(b) On each weekday during Contest Period, listeners can take part in the following quiz (the “Quiz”):
(i) Listeners will have to listen out for the “Quiz Question” which may be asked by the CNA938 presenters twice a day, at any time during Contest Period. The presenters will give listeners the cue to call the designated hotline at 6691 1938 to answer the “Quiz Question”. The first caller through will be given a chance to answer the “Quiz Question”.
(ii) To win a Prize (as defined below), the caller will be required to provide a fully correct answer to the “Quiz Question”. Mediacorp reserves the right to determine the accuracy and completeness of all answers in its sole and absolute discretion.
(c) For the avoidance of doubt, each participant shall only be allowed to win once during the entire Contest Period, and any winners of the Contest will not be eligible to participate in subsequent segments of the Contest.
(a) Participants who provide a fully correct answer to the “Quiz Question” will stand a chance to win a shopping voucher worth SGD100 (the “Prize”). Unless otherwise notified by Mediacorp, the Prize will be sent to the winners via email.
(b) In the event that there is no winner on any of the days during the Contest Period, the Prize for that day may be carried forward and added (i.e. snowballed) to the Prize for the next round of the Contest (or for such number of consecutive days during the Contest Period where there is no winner). For the avoidance of doubt, if there is no winner on the final day of the Contest Period, Mediacorp may utilise and/or otherwise distribute the Prize in such manner as it may determine in its sole and absolute discretion.
(c) The participants acknowledge and agree that the Prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the Prize (if any).
(d) If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
24. Participants who have validly participated in the Contest will be eligible to participate in a grand lucky draw to be conducted by Mediacorp (“Grand Lucky Draw”), subject to additional terms and conditions of the Grand Lucky Draw (https://www.melisten.sg/user/terms/Grand-Lucky-Draw-Terms-and-Conditions-2).
25. In the event of any conflict between these Additional Terms and Conditions and any Rules and Regulations, these Additional Terms and Conditions shall prevail.