Skip to main content

Advertisement

Advertisement

Business

Hyundai completes Boston Dynamics purchase from SoftBank

Hyundai completes Boston Dynamics purchase from SoftBank

Boston Dynamics' four-legged robot Spot at demonstration at Santiago

TOKYO: SoftBank Group Corp said on Monday South Korea's Hyundai Motor Group had completed the acquisition of robotics firm Boston Dynamics from the Japanese conglomerate.

The deal, which was announced last December and valued the maker of the "Spot" robot at US$1.1 billion, gives Hyundai an 80per cent stake with SoftBank retaining the remaining 20per cent.

(Reporting by Sam Nussey; Editing by Edmund Blair and Louise Heavens)

Source: Reuters

Advertisement

Also worth reading

Advertisement