Terms and Conditions for CNA Podcast Quote of the Day
- Contests held on CNA938 and its official platforms (each, a “contest”) are organised by Mediacorp
Pte Ltd. Contests are open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above as
of the date of entry in the contest and currently residing in Singapore. By entering a contest, you
agree to these rules and regulations.
- Employees of Mediacorp and their immediate family, sponsoring companies and their agencies are not
eligible to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion
to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest. If required by Mediacorp,
participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements
specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing
written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of
verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
- You shall make full and honest disclosure of all particulars and information as requested by
Mediacorp. Participants understand that submission of any inaccurate, incomplete, false or
misleading particulars or information, or wilful suppression of material facts will render the
participant liable for disqualification.
- Calling through to CNA938 does not necessarily qualify one as the winner. Each caller must fulfill
all criteria relevant to each contest in order to qualify as a winner. That means the caller must be
aware of the contest he / she is participating in and fulfill all requirements (including but not
limited to giving the correct answer when asked by the DJ / Presenter on duty).
- If any person has taken part and won in any contest organised by CNA938 within 30 days prior to the
relevant contest date (inclusive of the date of winning), then such person, and his/her immediate
family members and/or anyone living within the same household, shall not be eligible to participate
in the relevant contest. If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required
information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and
absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making
audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or
identity of each participant. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute
discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest.
- In cases where listeners have to write in to participate in a contest, entries must be sent only to
the address announced by CNA938 on the relevant contest platform but note that proof of postage is
not proof of delivery. Additionally, multiple and photocopied entries are not allowed and will be
- Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp for the
For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp may share your personal data with a third party in order for
Mediacorp to perform the purposes as described above, or for other purposes where we have your
consent to do so.
- For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and
services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with
information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
- For administration and collection of prizes, including publishing of list of winner(s).
- For publicity and marketing purposes.
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising
materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party
organizations selected by Mediacorp.
- To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from
authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking
legal action against any you.
- By agreeing to these rules and regulations, you:
If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal
data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at dpo [at] mediacorp.com.sg.
- consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for
the purposes as described in the Clause above;
- consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third
party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the Clause above.
- By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to take part in any promotional or publicity
exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp in connection with the contest and each participant hereby
irrevocably and unconditionally grants Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to
record and use the participants’ performance(s) and appearance(s) in any manner as Mediacorp shall
in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to
publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation telephone
recordings, audio recordings, video recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and
publicity purposes or any other purposes as Mediacorp deems appropriate (whether now or in the
- Winners shall be required to strictly adhere to instructions specified by Mediacorp for redemption
of prizes won. Without limitation to the foregoing:
- If any redemption deadlines are specified by Mediacorp, all winners must claim their prizes
by the stipulated deadline failing which the prizes will be forfeited. Claims made otherwise
will not be entertained.
- In the event that winners are unable to collect their prizes within any specified deadline,
they must immediately contact and inform Mediacorp to request for an extension, which shall
be granted at Mediacorp’s sole and absolute discretion.
- In the event that prizes are required to be collected personally and a winner is unable to
collect his / her prize personally, he / she may appoint a proxy to collect it on his / her
behalf bearing a letter of authorization and a photocopy of the NRIC / Driver's license /
Passport / Birth Certificate which Mediacorp will need to sight for verification purposes.
- Prizes which are delivered by Mediacorp to the winners will only be delivered to an address
within Singapore. Mediacorp shall not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or
damaged in the process of delivery, for reasons beyond its control. All winners will be
solely responsible for providing Mediacorp with accurate contact and/or delivery details,
and in the event that any failure and/or delay in prize delivery or redemption is due to any
incorrect or incomplete information provided by the winner, the winner shall fully indemnify
Mediacorp for any losses and/or costs incurred.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not
accept the prize, no other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or
any part thereof).
- Mediacorp and its sponsors reserve the right not to award any prizes, or to substitute or alter any
of the prizes offered. In particular, where any prize (or part thereof) is unavailable, Mediacorp
may (but shall not be obliged to) provide an alternative prize, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Participants acknowledge and agree that the all prizes may be subject to such other terms and
conditions as may be imposed by Mediacorp and/or any third party agents and/or contractors engaged
by Mediacorp to fulfil the delivery of prizes (if any).
- No obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp or its sponsors by reason of participation in a contest
or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account
of a contest. Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs
and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or
refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by Mediacorp or its sponsors, the
prize(s) or make good on any promise or offer to the participants.
- By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and
welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Mediacorp and its
sponsors shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out
of the winner’s acceptance of the prize. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that
Mediacorp and its sponsors shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any injury, loss or
damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with a contest,
including any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred arising from the prizes. The winner (and
his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) shall sign such waivers and releases as may be required
by Mediacorp, failing which Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify the winner. Mediacorp shall
not be responsible or liable for any misinterpretation or misrepresentation of facts in respect of
the prizes offered as published in any media, marketing or advertising materials.
- Each participant shall indemnify Mediacorp, its related companies, and their respective officers,
employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal
expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these rules and regulations.
- Each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in
connection with his participation in a contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- Contests held on Facebook and/or Instagram are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with, Facebook or Instagram. By entering the relevant contest, you agree to a complete
release of Facebook and Instagram from any or all liability in connection with the contest.
- In the event of any actual or suspected fraud, abuse, or breach of any of these rules and
regulations by any participant, Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify him/her from a contest,
and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations without prior notice or to
terminate or postpone a contest at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of Mediacorp is final. No appeals or correspondence will be
- These rules and regulations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day” Contest
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The Contest will take place two times a day on CNA938, from Mondays to Fridays between 10am
to 2pm during Money Mind, and 2pm to 5pm during Life&Style for the period from 22 August
2022 to 14 October 2022 (the “Contest Period”), subject to the terms and conditions as set
out in these rules and regulations.
- The Contest shall take place as follows:
- On each weekday of the Contest Period, a new “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day” will be
put up on https://www.cna.asia/listen. For
avoidance of doubt, only one (1) “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day” will be issued per
weekday during the Contest Period and the same “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day” will
be used for both times that the Contest takes place for each weekday.
- Participants will be required to locate and identify the prevailing ““CNA Podcast
Quote of the Day”. Participants tuning in to CNA938 during the Contest Period will
be given the cue to call in to the designated hotline at 6691 1938. The first caller
through will be given a chance to submit his/her answer of the relevant “CNA Podcast
Quote of the Day”.
- win a Prize (as defined below), the caller will be required to provide a fully
correct “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day”. If the caller is unable to correctly state
the “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day”, then no prize will be awarded. Mediacorp
reserves the right to determine the accuracy and completeness of all answers in its
sole and absolute discretion.
- Each participant shall only be allowed to win once during the entire Contest Period, and any
winners of the Contest will not be eligible to participate in subsequent segments of the
- For avoidance of doubt, participants who have successfully called in to CNA938 but failed to
provide a correct answer and did not win a Prize may continue to participate in subsequent
segments of the Contest, subject to them complying with these Additional Terms and
Conditions and all other Rules and Regulations.
Participants who provide a fully correct “CNA Podcast Quote of the Day” will stand a chance to win
an e-shopping voucher worth SGD100 (the “Prize”). Unless otherwise notified by Mediacorp, the Prize
will be sent to the winner via email. Winners shall be required to strictly adhere to instructions
specified by Mediacorp and/or any sponsors or third party agents and/or contractors engaged by
Mediacorp to fulfil the delivery of prizes in relation to the redemption and usage of any Prize(s)
won. Winners of Prizes shall liaise directly with the relevant merchant for the redemption and usage
of the vouchers, and all queries relating to the redemption or usage of the vouchers shall be
directed to the merchant. Mediacorp shall not be responsible for providing any form of replacement
or alternative prizes or any form of compensation in the event of any disputes between the winner
and the merchant.
In the event that there is no winner on any of the days during the Contest Period, the Prize
for that day may be carried forward and added (i.e. snowballed) to the Prize for the next
games (or for such number of consecutive days during the Contest Period where there is no
winner). For the avoidance of doubt, if there is no winner on the final day of the Contest
Period, Mediacorp may utilise and/or otherwise distribute the Prize in such manner as it may
determine in its sole and absolute discretion.
- In the event of any conflict between these Additional Terms and Conditions and any Rules and
Regulations, these Additional Terms and Conditions shall prevail.