SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Law (MinLaw) announced board appointment changes at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) in a press release on Tuesday (Mar 31). It has appointed six new members to the board of IPOS and reappointed six board members. The appointments will take effect from Wednesday, MinLaw said.
Dr Stanley Lai will continue as the Chairman of the Board, a position he has held since April 2013, MinLaw said.
The new board members are:
- Professor Tsui Kai Chong, Provost, SIM University
- Dr Lim Kuo-Yi, Managing Director, Monk's Hill Ventures
- Mr Tan Min-Liang, CEO, Razer Inc.
- Mr Douglas Foo, Executive Chairman, Sakae Holdings Ltd
- Ms Audrey Yap, Managing Partner, Yusarn Audrey
- Mr Sim Feng-Ji, Director, Resource Division, Ministry of Trade and Industry
The following six board members were re-appointed:
- Dr Stanley Lai, Head of Intellectual Property Practice, Allen & Gledhill LLP
- Mr Keoy Soo Earn, Partner, Leader, Merger and Acquisition, Singapore & SEA and Valuation & Financial Modelling, SEA, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Mr Suresh Sachi, Deputy Managing Director (Corporate and Legal) and General Counsel, A*STAR
- Mr Abhijit Ghosh, Partner, International Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Ms Deborah Ho, Managing Director, Head of Senior Relationship Management for SEA, Barclays Bank
- Mr Poon Hong Yuen, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law
Four board members - Ms Jacqueline Poh, Managing Director, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore; Professor Freddy Boey, Deputy President and Provost, Nanyang Technological University; Mr Guy Proulx, Chairman and CEO, Transpacific IP Management Group and Mr Kevin Theseira, International IP Counsel, Keysight Technologies Singapore (Holdings) - will be stepping down upon the completion of their terms on Tuesday, MinLaw said.
IPOS is a statutory board under MinLaw, and is the lead government agency that advises on and administers Intellectual Property (IP) laws, and promotes IP awareness, says the ministry.