Celebrate Asia - Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
By participating in the Contest, you hereby agree to abide by all the terms and conditions set out herein (the “Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Celebrate Asia Contest (the “Contest”) will take place from 7 June 2019 to 31 July 2019 (the “Contest Period”), and is organized by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”) together with the following media partners (each, a “Partner”) operating the respective platforms (the “Platforms”).
- Phnom Penh Municipal Cable TV, PPCTV
- Hong Kong Cable Television Limited, I-Cable
- PCCW Media Limited, Now TV
- Genflix.Co.Id, Genflix
- PT Biznet Multimedia, Biznet Home
- PT Digdaya Duta Digital, Dens TV
- PT Digital Vision Nusantara, K-Vision
- PT Link Net TBK, First Media
- PT MNC Sky Vision TBK, MNC Vision
- PT OONA Media Indonesia, OONA
- Measat Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd, Astro
- TM Net Sdn Bhd, Unifi TV
- Bloomsbury Resources Limited, Cookie TV
- First United Broadcasting Corp, GSAT
- Kabankalan Community Antenna Television System Inc., K-CAT
- Sky Cable Corporation, Sky Cable
- Super Broadband Network Company Limited, AIS Playbox
- Cable TV Operator Association, CTB Channel
- FPT Telecom Joint Stock Company, FPT TV
- Vietnam Post and Telecommunication Industry Technology JSC, tvod
- Vietnam Satellite Digital Television Company Ltd, K+
- VNPT Media Corporation, My TV
References to the “Organisers” within these Terms and Conditions shall mean Mediacorp and the relevant individual Partner for the respective Platforms.
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
It is open to all citizens and permanent residents in the territories in which the Platforms operate, of ages 18 and above, who are
(i) valid and existing subscribers of the applicable Platform for the entire duration of the Contest Period and up until prize redemption (each, a “Valid Subscriber”); OR
(ii) living in the same household as a Valid Subscriber.
Participants may submit multiple entries in the Contest under a Valid Subscriber’s account.
Employees of the Organisers and their immediate family members (including parents, spouses and children) are not allowed to participate in the Contest.
By participating in the Contest, you represent and warrant that you have met the eligibility criteria set out above.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participants must submit a video or photo for one (1) of the specified categories (i.e. Food, Places or People) on the official Contest webpage in for each respective country (each, an “Entry”) during the Contest Period to participate in the Contest.
The selected winner may stand a chance to have his/her Entry showcased in an editorial feature produced by Mediacorp.
By submitting an Entry, and as a condition to participating in this Contest, each participant warrants and undertakes that:
(a) he/she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) and other proprietary rights in the Entry submitted, and that the Entry do not infringe upon or violate any proprietary rights including without limitation, copyright, the right of privacy or publicity, nor constitute defamation against, nor violate any common law rights or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation;
(b) he/she grants the Organisers a perpetual royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, display, print, edit or distribute the Entry (or any part thereof) on all mediums and platforms worldwide; and
(c) he/she shall indemnify and keep the Organisers and their related/affiliated companies, officers, agents and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”) fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of (i) any of infringement of third party rights arising from the Organisers’ use of the Entry; and/or (ii) his/her breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Details of Contest prizes are available on the Contest page.
Winners will be selected based on the creativity of their submission on the Contest page. Each winner will be issued a winner’s letter (the “Winner’s Letter”) specifying the details of the prize(s) awarded. Prizes shall be subject to, without limitation, the following conditions:
(a) Distribution of prizes will be carried out by respective Partners. Winners shall be required to follow the instructions specified in the Winner’s Letter for redemption of the prize(s) awarded. Any enquiries and/or clarifications in relation to the redemption of prizes shall be directed to the relevant Partner.
(b) All prizes are not transferable, non‐refundable and non‐exchangeable/redeemable for cash, credit or rebate of any kind and do not include any accessories or items shown in any advertisements and/or promotional materials which are for photography purposes only.
(c) Winners are fully responsible for all taxes that may be payable or taxable (if any). All costs and expenses (including meals, transportation or personal expenses) for the purpose of collection of the prize shall be solely borne by the winners.
(d) All prizes are subject to availability and the Organisers reserve the rights, without prior notice or assigning any reason whatsoever and have sole discretion to substitute any prize with other prizes without prior notice and without giving any compensation to the winners.
(e) Acceptance and use of prize by winner shall be at their own and entire risk and responsibility at all times and the Organisers disclaim all liability arising therefrom. For the avoidance of doubt, each winner shall be solely responsible for complying with all relevant laws and regulations in relation to the use of any prizes awarded.
(f) To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Organisers make no representations or warranties with respect to any prizes provided under this Contest; in particular, the Organisers give no warranty with respect to the merchantability, quality of the prizes or their suitability for any purposes.
(g) The Organisers shall not be responsible or liable for any misinterpretation or misrepresentation of facts in respect of the prizes offered as published in any media, marketing or advertising materials.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
5. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any Contest entry as it deems fit, including but not limited to Contest entries which contain obscene, provocative, objectionable, defamatory, inappropriate, or illegal content.
6. Each participant shall indemnify the Organisers, their related companies, and their respective officers, employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
7. In the event of any breach of any of the Terms and Conditions by any of the participants in the Contest, the Organisers reserves the right to disqualify his/her Entry.
8. The Organisers the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions, or to terminate or postpone the Contest at any time without prior notice.
9. All decisions made by the Organisers shall be final and no appeals or correspondence will be entertained.
10. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from participation in the Contest or any non-delivery of the prizes.
11. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises as may be conducted by the Organisers arising or with respect to the Contest and each participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to the Organisers all consents and waivers necessary for the Organisers to record and use the participant's performance, appearance and/or likeness as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as the Organisers shall in their sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that the Organisers shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by the Organisers , including without limitation the telephone call, telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Contest. Each participant hereby expressly waives any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the relevant copyrights laws and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any part of the world.
12. Participants’ personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by the Organisers and their affiliated and/or related entities for purposes of the Contest (including but not limited to verification purposes for collection of prizes). By agreeing to these terms and conditions, participants consent to the Organisers (i) collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing their personal data for the purposes as described; and (ii) transferring their personal data to such third party services providers or agents for the purposes as described.
By submitting an Entry which includes the personal data of a third party (i.e. other than the participant), each participant confirms and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such third parties to the Organisers (i) collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing their personal data for the purposes as described; and (ii) transferring their personal data to such third party services providers or agents for the purposes as described.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.