CNA938 Live Radio | Climate Quiz
How well do you know our climate? We put your knowledge to the test.
Tune in to Asia First for the Climate Quiz and stand to win S$50 e-shopping vouchers.
28 September to 22 November 2020, Mondays to Fridays
- S$50 e-shopping voucher
- Value of e-shopping voucher will be snowballed to next and following days if there is/are no winner(s)
- Total of S$2000 worth of e-shopping vouchers to be won
How To Participate?
- Tune in to CNA938’s Asia First (6am – 10am) and listen out for the “Question of the Day” that will be asked at any time during the programme.
- The first caller to call in after the cue-to-call with the correct answer will win.
- In the event the first caller fails to answer correctly, the quiz will be played again during Singapore Today (5pm – 8pm).
- Missed out on the “Question of the Day”? Listeners will have opportunities to find out and listen to the “Question of the Day” (either the repeated “Question of the Day”, or the “Question of the Day” for the next quiz on these programmes: Money Mind (10am – 2pm), Life & Style (2pm – 5pm) and Night Life (9pm – 11pm). Please refer to full terms and conditions below.
Terms And Conditions
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The contest will take place during (i) the “Asia First” programme (6am to 10am, Mondays to Fridays) and (ii) the “Singapore Today” programme (5pm to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays) on CNA938, for the period from 28 September 2020 to 20 November 2020 (the “Contest Period”), subject to the terms and conditions as set out in these Rules and Regulations.
- On each weekday during Contest Period, listeners can take part in the following quiz (the “Quiz”):
- Listeners will have to listen out for the “Question of the Day” during the “Asia First” programme, which may be asked by the CNA938 presenters at any time during programme. After the “Question of the Day” is asked, the presenters will give listeners the cue to call the designated hotline at 6691 1938 to answer the “Question of the Day”. The first caller through will be given a chance to answer the “Question of the Day”.
- To win a Prize (as defined below), the caller will be required to provide a fully correct answer to the “Question of the Day”. Mediacorp reserves the right to determine the accuracy and completeness of all answers in its sole and absolute discretion.
In the event the caller fails to provide a fully correct answer to the “Question of the Day” during the “Asia First” programme, a second round of the same Quiz will be played during the “Singapore Today” programme on the same day and the presenters will ask the same “Question of the Day”, at any time during the “Singapore Today” program. After the “Question of the Day” is asked, the presenters will give listeners the cue to call the designated hotline at 6691 1938 to answer the “Question of the Day”. The first caller through will be given a chance to answer the “Question of the Day”. To win a Prize (as defined below), the caller will be required to provide a fully correct answer to the “Question of the Day”.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Quiz will only be played during the “Singapore Today” programme if there is no winner during the ‘Asia First” programme on the relevant day.
- Notwithstanding that the Quiz shall only be conducted during the “Asia First” and “Singapore Today” programmes (as the case may be), listeners will have opportunities to find out and listen to the “Question of the Day” (either the repeated “Question of the Day”, or the “Question of the Day” for the next Quiz) during other programmes on CNA938 on weekdays during the Contest Period, including “Money Mind” (10am to 2pm), “Life & Style” (2pm to 5pm) and “Night Life” (9pm to 11pm).
- For the avoidance of doubt, each participant shall only be allowed to win once during the entire Contest Period, and any winners of the Contest will not be eligible to participate in subsequent segments of the Contest.
- Participants who answer correctly to the “Question of the Day” will stand a chance to win an e-shopping voucher worth SGD50 (the “Prize”). The Prize will be sent to the winner via email.
- In the event that there is no winner on any of the days during the Contest Period, the Prize for that day may be carried forward and added (i.e. snowballed) to the Prize for next day (or for such number of consecutive days during the Contest Period where there is no winner). For the avoidance of doubt, if there is no winner on the final day of the Contest Period, Mediacorp may utilise and/or otherwise distribute the Prize in such manner as it may determine in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that the Prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the Prize (if any).
- If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
General Contest Rules and Regulations
- Contests held on CNA938 (each, a “contest”) are organised by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”). Contests are open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above as of the date of entry into the Contest and currently residing in Singapore. By entering a contest, you agree to these rules and regulations.
- Employees of Mediacorp and their immediate family, sponsoring companies and their agencies are not eligible to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest.
- Calling through 6691 1938 does not necessarily qualify one as the winner. Each caller must fulfill all criteria relevant to each contest in order to qualify as a winner. That means the caller must be aware of the contest he / she is participating in and fulfill all requirements (including but not limited to giving the correct answer when asked by the DJ / Presenter on duty).
- If any person has taken part and won in any contest organised by CNA938 within 30 days prior to the relevant contest date (inclusive of the date of winning), then such person, and his/her immediate family members, and/or members living in the same household, shall not be eligible to participate in the relevant contest. If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
- Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp for the following purposes:
- For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
- For administration and collection of prizes, including publishing of list of winner(s).
- For publicity and marketing purposes.
- To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
- To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
- By agreeing to these rules and regulations, you:
- consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in the Clause above;
- consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the Clause above.
- By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to take part in any promotional or publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp in connection with the contest and each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and use the participants’ performance(s) and appearance(s) in any manner as Mediacorp shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, video recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes or any other purposes as Mediacorp deems appropriate (whether now or in the future).
- Mediacorp reserves the right not to award any prizes, or to substitute or alter any of the prizes offered. In particular, where any prize (or part thereof) is unavailable, an alternative will be provided at the sole and absolute discretion of Mediacorp. Participants acknowledge and agree that the all prizes may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by Mediacorp and/or any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the delivery of prizes (if any).
- Winners shall be required to strictly adhere to instructions specified by Mediacorp for redemption of prizes won.
- No obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp by reason of participation in a contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of a contest. Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer by Mediacorp, the prize(s) or make good on any promise or offer to the participants.
- By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with a contest, including any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred arising from the prizes. The winner (and his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) shall sign such waivers and releases as may be required by Mediacorp, failing which Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify the winner. Mediacorp shall not be responsible or liable for any misinterpretation or misrepresentation of facts in respect of the prizes offered as published in any media, marketing or advertising materials.
- Each participant shall indemnify Mediacorp, its related companies, and their respective officers, employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these rules and regulations.
- Each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in connection with his participation in a contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- In the event of any breach of any of these rules and regulations by any participant, Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify him/her from a contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations without prior notice or to terminate or postpone a contest at any time without prior notice.