HOW WELL DO YOU UNDERSTAND ASIA? YOU COULD WIN S$50 E-SHOPPING VOUCHERS!
16 March – 8 May 2020, Mondays to Fridays
- Stand a chance to win e-shopping voucher worth S$50
- Value of e-shopping voucher will be snowballed to next and following days if there is/are no winner(s)
- Total of S$2,000 worth of e-shopping vouchers to be won
How To Participate?
- 1. Tune in to CNA938’s Asia First and listen out for the Question Of The Day that will be asked anytime between 7am to 8am
- 2. The first caller to call in after the cue-to-call with the correct answer will win the prize
- 3. In the event the first caller fails to answer correctly, there will be a second round of quiz during Singapore Today
- 4. Listen out for the Question Of The Day that will be asked anytime between 5pm to 6pm
- 5. The first caller to call in after the cue-to-call with the correct answer will win the prize
General Contest Rules and Regulations
- 1. Contests held on CNA938 (each, a “contest”) are open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above as of 16 March 2020 and currently residing in Singapore. By entering a contest, you agree to these rules and regulations.
- 2. Employees of CNA938 and Mediacorp Pte Ltd (“Mediacorp”) and their immediate family, sponsoring companies and their agencies are not eligible to enter. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of a participant for purposes of a contest.
- 3. Calling through 6691 1938 does not necessarily qualify one as the winner. Each caller must fulfill all criteria relevant to each contest in order to qualify as a winner. That means the caller must be aware of the contest he / she is participating in and fulfill all requirements (including but not limited to giving the correct answer when asked by the DJ / Presenter on duty).
- 4. If any person has taken part and won in any contest organised by CNA938 within 30 days prior to the relevant contest date (inclusive of the date of winning), then such person, and his/her immediate family members, and/or members living in the same household, shall not be eligible to participate in the relevant contest. If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp, for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
- (a) For Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- (b) To verify and process payment when you purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
- (c) For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- (d) For research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
- (e) For administration and collection of prizes, including publishing of list of winner(s).
- (f) For publicity and marketing purposes.
- (g) To send you notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
- (h) To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against any you.
- (a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your personal data for the purposes as described in the Clause above;
- (b) consent to Mediacorp transferring your personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described in the Clause above.
- If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- 7. By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to take part in any promotional or publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp in connection with the contest and each participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grants Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and use the participants’ performance(s) and appearance(s) in any manner as Mediacorp shall in its sole discretion deem fit. Each participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, video recordings and photographs (if any), for promotional and publicity purposes or any other purposes as Mediacorp deems appropriate (whether now or in the future).
- 8. CNA938 reserves the right not to award any prizes, or to substitute or alter any of the prizes offered. In particular, where any prize (or part thereof) is unavailable, an alternative will be provided at the sole and absolute discretion of CNA938. Participants acknowledge and agree that the all prizes may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by CNA938 and/or any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by CNA938 to fulfil the delivery of prizes (if any).
- 9. No obligation will be incurred by CNA938 by reason of participation in a contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of a contest. CNA938 shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer by CNA938, the prize(s) or make good on any promise or offer to the participants.
- 10. By accepting a prize, the winner accepts full and complete responsibility for their own safety and welfare at all times and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, agrees that CNA938 shall not be liable or responsible for any risks or damages associated with or arising out of the winner’s acceptance of the prize. Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that CNA938 shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with a contest, including any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred arising from the prizes. The winner (and his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) shall sign such waivers and releases as may be required by CNA938, failing which CNA938 reserves the right to disqualify the winner. CNA938 shall not be responsible or liable for any misinterpretation or misrepresentation of facts in respect of the prizes offered as published in any media, marketing or advertising materials.
- 11. Each participant shall indemnify Mediacorp, its related companies, and their respective officers, employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these rules and regulations.
- 12. Each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in connection with his participation in a contest, and no reimbursement may be sought from Mediacorp.
- 13. In the event of any breach of any of these rules and regulations by any participant, CNA938 reserves the right to disqualify him/her from a contest, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld or withdrawn.
- 14. CNA938 reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations without prior notice or to terminate or postpone a contest at any time without prior notice.
- 15. In the event of a dispute, the decision of CNA938 is final. No appeals or correspondence will be entertained.
- 16. These rules and regulations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws. Additional Rules and Regulations for the “CNA938 Quiz: How Well Do You Understand Asia?” Contest (the “Contest”)
- (a) The Contest period and call-in time will take place during “Asia First” (6am to 10am, Mondays to Fridays) and/or “Singapore Today” (5pm to 8pm) programme(s), for the period from 16 March 2020 to 8 May 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- (b) Participants will have to listen out for the “Question of the Day” asked by the presenters on CNA938 (i) from 7am to 8am on Mondays to Fridays during the “Asia First” programme. After the “Question of the Day” is asked, participants will have to stay tuned to listen out for the cue to call, and call the designated hotline at 6691 1938. The first caller through with the correct answer to the “Question of the Day” during the Contest Period will win the Prize (as defined below).
- (c) In the event the caller fails to answer the “Question of the Day” correctly during the “Asia First” programme, the same “Question of the Day” will be asked by the presenters from 5pm to 6pm during the “Singapore Today” programme. After the “Question of the Day” is asked, participants will have to stay tuned to listen out for the cue to call, and call the designated hotline at 6691 1938. The first caller through with the correct answer to the “Question of the Day” during the Contest Period will win the daily prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the “Question of the Day” will only be asked during the “Singapore Today” programme if there is no winner during the ‘Asia First” programme on the relevant day.
For the avoidance of doubt, each participant shall only be allowed to win once during the entire Contest Period, and winners of the Contest will not be eligible to participate in subsequent segments of the Contest.
- (a) Participants who answer correctly to the “Question of the Day” will stand a chance to win an e-shopping voucher worth SGD50 (the “Prize”). The Prize will be sent to the winner via email.
- (b) In the event that there is no winner on any of the days during the Contest Period, the Prize for that day may be carried forward and added (i.e. snowballed) to the Prize for next day (or for such number of consecutive days during the Contest Period where there is no winner). For the avoidance of doubt, if there is no winner on the final day of the Contest Period, Mediacorp may utilise and/or otherwise distribute the Prize in such manner as it may determine in its sole and absolute discretion.
- (c) The winner acknowledges and agrees that the Prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the Prize (if any).
- (d) If required by Mediacorp, participants shall provide all required information and documentation and satisfy all requirements specified by Mediacorp in its sole and absolute discretion (including but not limited to providing written confirmations and making audio/video calls with Mediacorp’s representatives) for purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or identity of each participant.
- 5. Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp for the following purposes:
- 6. By agreeing to these rules and regulations, you:
- 17. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- 18. PRIZES