You might not have recovered from all that Christmas feasting yet, but hey, that diet can wait. This month, CNA Lifestyle has teamed up with fine-dining Chinese restaurant Madame Fan to offer you and your pals a chance to indulge in an early Chinese New Year reunion dinner on Jan 18.
Famed restaurateur Alan Yau's "theatre-dining" concept was one of Singapore’s hottest new tables in 2018, and it’ll celebrate its first Chinese New Year this year.
Sign-up details for this edition of CNA Lifestyle Experiences are at the end of the story. Invitations are exclusive to CNA Lifestyle Facebook followers, so you'll want to follow us here. Closing date: Jan 13.
Naturally, the seven-course menu designed by Executive Chef Mike Tan kicks off with a Prosperity Yu Sheng. With healthy eating a prime consideration, Tan made sure to add plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables into the melange.
You’ll find pomelo, green mango, guava, mandarin orange, carrots, Chinese parsley, purple cabbage, ginger flower, lime leaf yam and sweetcorn in the mix. Drizzle in the house-made plum and yuzu sauce, and toss to good fortune.
Other highlights of the menu include the Red Spot Garoupa, chosen for its sweeter taste profile and tender flesh that falls off the bone. The fish is steamed in premium soy sauce from the iconic (and very traditional) Hong Kong maker Pat Chun.
There is also the Charcoal Grilled Wagyu, which sees the beef served alongside a pan-seared morsel of goose liver for extra oomph.
No Chinese New Year reunion dinner would be complete without classic, premium ingredients like bird’s nest, abalone and crab meat. A soup of bird's nest, crab meat and crab roe with supreme stock – brewed for four hours – is garnished with edible gold foil for a luxe touch.
In the South Africa Abalone and Tofu with seasonal vegetable dish, the prized mollusc is served with house-made tofu that’s deep-fried on the outside but soft and creamy on the inside.
Finally, round off your meal with Ee Fu Noodles – a toast to longevity – before tucking in to dessert: Chocolate Cremeux with Mandarin orange. Artfully shaped like the fruit, it consists of three layers – Hazelnut Dacquoise as a solid base, Mandarin Confit in the middle for a juicy core, and zesty yet creamy Yuzu Creameux giving the confection its shape.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This contest is organised by Mediacorp Pte Ltd (“Mediacorp”). This contest is valid from 7 Jan to 13 Jan 2019, and is open to all residents of Singapore who are above 21 years old except for employees of Mediacorp, its related companies and their immediate family members. By participating in this contest, the participant agrees to be bound by the official rules, regulations and decisions of Mediacorp.
- 3 winners will each win an invite for 3 people to attend this event.
- By participating in this contest, the participant agrees to participate in any form of publicity for this contest. Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify any winner(s) in the event that the winner(s) refuses or fails to participate in such publicity for this contest.
- The invite is non-transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit, goods or services. Mediacorp reserves the right to replace the invite with other invitations of similar value without giving prior notice.
- The decisions of Mediacorp on all matters relating to this contest are final, conclusive and binding and no appeals or correspondence will be entertained.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to reject any entry for any reason.
- By participating in this contest, participants agree that their personal data may be used by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp”) to send them marketing and advertising materials in relation to goods and services of Mediacorp and its business partners, and for research and analysis. If you have any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The invitation is not redeemable for cash, credit or any other items with Singapore International Film Festival.
- Mediacorp reserves the right to change, amend or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice. Mediacorp further reserves the right, without any liability on its part whatsoever, to cancel, postpone, or in any other way terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- No obligation will be incurred by Mediacorp or its sponsors by reason of participation in this contest or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by the participants as a result of or on account of this contest. Mediacorp shall not be liable or responsible for any and all losses, damages, costs and/or expenses (of any nature whatsoever) suffered by any participant arising from any failure or refusal, for whatever reason, to deliver or transfer, whether by Mediacorp or its sponsors, the prize or make good on any promise or offer to the participants.
- Each participant expressly acknowledges and agrees that Mediacorp shall not be liable to any of the participant(s) for any injury, loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with this contest or the prize, including any loss, damage or injury.
- These terms and conditions and this contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Singapore laws.