SINGAPORE: Four new directors have been added to Mediacorp's board, the media company announced on Tuesday (Nov 1).
The four new directors are:
• Mr Niam Chiang Meng, currently deputy chairman of the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and board member of Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore. Mr Niam was chairman of the Media Development Authority (MDA) from January 2011 to Sep 30, 2016. He held key positions over a long career in the civil service including Permanent Secretary (Information, Communications and the Arts) and Permanent Secretary (National Population and Talent Division), Prime Minister's Office, before retiring on Aug 1, 2016.
• Mr Robin Hu is CEO of South China Morning Post (SCMP) Group. In December 2016, he will assume the role of joint head, Sustainability and Stewardship Group at Temasek International. Before joining SCMP, he was senior executive vice president with Singapore Press Holdings overseeing its Chinese Newspapers and Newspaper Services businesses. Mr Hu is a board member of Business China and governor of Singapore International School in Hong Kong.
• Mr Rajesh Sreenivasan, partner at Rajah & Tann Singapore LLP. Mr Sreenivasan joined the firm in 1998 and is now head and lead partner of the Technology Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice across the 10 member firms of Rajah & Tann Asia. He has been named by legal industry publications like Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Chambers Asia Pacific as a leading practitioner in technology, media and telecoms law.
• Mr Roy Quek, executive chairman of Thomson Medical Group, Singapore’s largest private women and children’s healthcare group. Concurrently, Mr Quek is executive director and group chief executive of TMC Life Sciences Group, a public-listed health sciences group in Malaysia. Before this, he was a senior civil servant, holding positions including Deputy Secretary at Ministry of Home Affairs and at Ministry of Health. Mr Quek is chairman of St Joseph’s Institution International, an independent, not-for-profit international school.
Mediacorp chairman Ernest Wong said: “We welcome Chiang Meng, Robin, Rajesh and Roy on board. They each bring deep expertise in their respective fields and collectively a wealth of leadership experience, knowledge and insights. Mediacorp will benefit tremendously from them joining us in our journey of transformation, innovation and growth.”
Mr Wong also expressed his appreciation to four other directors who recently stepped down from the board: Mr Rajiv Wahi, Mr Venky Krishnakumar and Ms Elim Chew, after serving on the board for six years each, and Mr Chan Yeng Kit, following his appointment as chairman of Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) on Oct 1 this year.
Besides the chairman and the four new directors, the other Mediacorp board members are:
• Mr Scott Anthony, Managing Partner, Innosight
• Mr Ahmad Nizam, Director, Straits Law Practice and Advisor, Youth Court
• Ms Wong Su-Yen, CEO, Human Capital Leadership Institute; Chairman, Nera Telecommunications; Director, Yoma Strategic Holdings and Director, NTUC First Campus
• Mr Yap Chee Keong, Chairman, CityNet Infrastructure Management Pte Ltd (trustee manager of NetLink Trust); Director, Tiger Airways; Director, Citibank Singapore and Director, Straits Trading Company
• Mr Shaun Seow, CEO, Mediacorp