SINGAPORE: Flash floods were observed in several parts of Singapore on Saturday (Dec 24), the day before Christmas.
According to the Land Transport Authority's Twitter page, the areas affected are:
- Newton Circus (towards Woodlands) after Cavenagh Road
- Stevens Road near Anderson Road/Balmoral Park Junction
- Balmoral Road near Balmoral Crescent/Balmoral Road Junction
- Cairnhill Road near Cairnhill Road/Scotts Road Junction
- PIE (towards Changi Airport) at Stevens Rd Exit
Pedestrians walking in the rain as water floods the streets of Upper Thomson. (Photos: Tiffany Cheng)
Photos sent to Channel NewsAsia also show the streets of Upper Thomson Road flooded with water on Saturday afternoon.
Various users on social media also noted that traffic the area near the junction of Paya Lebar Road and Sims Avenue were stuck due to the floods.
At around 4.33pm, PUB Singapore tweeted that heavy rain was to be expected from 4.40pm to 6pm over many areas across the island.