SINGAPORE: Sovereign wealth fund GIC has announced senior leadership appointments to strengthen its investment capacity, it said in a news release on Thursday (Apr 21).
From Jun 1, Mr Lim Chow Kiat will have the additional appointment of Deputy Group President, while serving concurrently as Group Chief Investment Officer. Dr Jeffrey Jaensubhakij will be appointed Deputy Group Chief Investment Officer, and will also serve as President, Public Markets.
Mr Lim Kee Chong remains Deputy Group Chief Investment Officer and Director, Integrated Strategies Group. Mr Tay Lim Hock remains as President of Private Equity and Infrastructure, and Mr Goh Kok Huat as President of Real Estate and hief Operating Officer.
New senior investments positions will also be created and will take effect from Jun 1 as well:
- Mr Ang Eng Seng as Chief Investment Officer for Infrastructure, while continuing concurrently as President (Europe)
- Mr Choo Yong Cheen as Chief Investment Officer for Private Equity
- Mr Lee Kok Sun as Chief Investment Officer for Real Estate
- Ms Liew Tzu Mi as Chief Investment Officer for Fixed Income
- Mr Bryan Yeo as Chief Investment Officer for Public Equities
Mr Lim Siong Guan, Group President of GIC, said: “The new senior appointments enhance the development of a strong leadership bench for GIC, allowing us to build new investment capabilities and extend our investment and operating platforms. The appointment of chief investment officers reflects the maturing of GIC’s investment talent, and strengthening of GIC’s capacity to deal with an investment environment of lower returns, increased volatility, and greater uncertainty.”