BERLIN: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery plans to play on for a few more seasons after leaving the Bavarians at the end of the current campaign, he said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old last week announced his departure from Munich after 12 years at the club.
"There are several options, but it is still a bit early to say what will happen next season," Ribery told a news conference in Munich.
"But there will be something, that's for sure. I will play on for one or two more years, and then I will return 100 percent to Munich."
He did not give any details about where he hoped to play next season.
Ribery, who will become the only Bundesliga player to have won the league title nine times if his team clinch it in the last two match days, said he had spoken with club bosses about a possible post there after his playing days are over.
The Frenchman joined Bayern in 2007 and has won 21 major titles with the Bavarians including the 2013 Champions League and Club World Cup titles, as well as five German Cups.
"We have discussed this with (club president) Uli (Hoeness) and (CEO) Karl-Heinz Rummenigge," Ribery said. "But as you know a lot can happen in two years. So the first thing is for me to return to Munich. Then we will see."
Former France international Ribery will join fellow veteran forward Arjen Robben in leaving the club at the end of the campaign, marking the end of the pair's iconic 'Robbery' partnership at the Allianz Arena.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann; Editing by Hugh Lawson)