Visit your favourite city on Check In!
Enter the contest and stand a chance to win travel vouchers worth a total of US$4,000.
Contest period: Weekdays from 11 February to 8 March 2019
Each week, there’s US$1,000 worth of travel vouchers to be won.
The travel vouchers can be used for travel to these countries:
Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand.
Terms and conditions apply.
Weekly winners will be announced on this contest page.
Step 1: Log on to CNA Lifestyle on Facebook and watch our Check In sessions every weekday morning, from 11 February to 8 March 2019, at these times:
Step 2: Look out for the answer to our “Question of the day” (QOTD).
Step 3: Complete your contest entry within the hour during these times:
8.30am - 9.30am (SIN/KL)
7.30am - 8.30am (JKT/BKK)
6.00am - 7.00am (DEL)
Please check back again during contest hours. Submit your contest entry on weekday mornings during these times:
8.30am – 9.30am (SIN/KL) / 7.30am – 8.30am (JKT/BKK) / 6.00am – 7.00am (DEL).
WEEKLY WINNERSStay tuned to this space to find out the winner of the week.
Winner of Week 1:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
By participating in the Contest, you hereby agree to abide by all the terms and conditions set out herein (the “Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Check In Watch and Win Contest (the “Contest”) is organized by Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. (“Mediacorp”) and will take place from 11 February 2019 to 8 March 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
2. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
It is open to all citizens and permanent residents in the following 10 “Check In” locations (the “Locations”) aged 18 and above:
(a) Hong Kong
(i) South Korea
Employees of Mediacorp and their immediate family members (including parents, spouses and children) are not allowed to participate in the Contest.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
On each weekday during the Contest Period, a “question of the day” will be posted on the official CNA Lifestyle Facebook page.
Viewers must tune in to the morning weekday Facebook premieres of the Programme (8.30am (GMT+8), Mondays to Fridays) on the official CNA Lifestyle Facebook page to look out for the answer to the “question of the day” (“QOTD”). Participants must submit their answers on the contest page (www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/check-in/contest) between 8.30am to 9.30am (GMT+8) on the day that each QOTD is released to qualify.
1 winner will be selected by Mediacorp per week during the Contest Period to win travel vouchers for travel to one of the Locations (as selected by the winner), worth up to USD1,000 (“Travel Prize”). Winners will be selected based on (i) the accuracy of their answers to the QOTD; and (ii) the creativity of their responses to the other questions listed on the contest page. The name of the winner for each week will be announced on the contest page.
5. PRIZES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Each winner will be issued a winner’s letter (the “Winner’s Letter”) specifying the details of the Travel Prize. Travel Prizes shall be subject to, without limitation, the following conditions:
(a) Winners shall be required follow the instructions specified in the Winner’s Letter for redemption of the Travel Prize.
(b) The Travel Prizes will be issued in the United States Dollars, the value of each Travel Prize shall be as specified in the Winner’s Letter. The Travel Prize may be used to redeem and book air tickets and accommodation at the Location selected by the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, any amounts incurred by the winner in excess of the value of the Travel Price shall be borne by the winner.
(c) Travel Prizes can only be used for travel in respect of up to two (2) persons, and the winner must be one of parties travelling.
(d) If a winner of any Travel Vouchers is below 18 years of age, he/she will have to travel with a guardian who is above 18 years of age. Mediacorp will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred to comply with this rule.
(e) Unless expressly included in the Travel Prize by Mediacorp and/or its sponsors, all other costs and expenses will be borne by the winner, including but not limited to meals, extensions and/or upgrades, travel insurance, overseas phone charges, loss of baggage and other related travel costs. Any extra costs beyond the value of the Travel Prize as outlined in these terms will be the responsibility of the winner. In addition, Mediacorp and its sponsors accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting any prize and all participants shall take sole responsibility for obtaining independent financial and tax advice in relation to any of the prizes won under this Contest.
(f) The Travel Prize shall be valid for redemption for a period of one (1) year validity from date of the Winner’s Letter.
(g) Receipt and redemption of a Travel Prize is conditional upon the winner (and his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) having a valid passport and visa (if appropriate) permitting travel to the relevant destination, with at least six (6) months’ validity. For the avoidance of doubt, Mediacorp and/or its sponsors will not be responsible if the winner (and his/her accompanying guest, if applicable) is denied entry into any particular country or is denied boarding on any of the flights for any reason. Mediacorp and its sponsors will not be liable for any cash refund or any compensation.
(h) In the event that the winner, for any reason, does not accept the Travel Prize (or any part thereof), then the Travel Prize (or any part thereof) will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that forfeited prize (or any part thereof).
(i) The winner acknowledges and agrees that the Travel Prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by any third party agents and/or contractors engaged by Mediacorp to fulfil the Travel Prize (if any).
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
6. Mediacorp reserves the right to substitute or alter any of the prizes offered. All prizes are not transferable nor exchangeable. The prize is not exchangeable for cash.
7. Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify any Contest entry as it deems fit, including but not limited to Contest entries which contain obscene, provocative, objectionable, defamatory, inappropriate, or illegal content.
8. Each participant shall indemnify Mediacorp, its related companies, and their respective officers, employees and agents against any claims, liabilities, damages, loss or expenses (including legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
9. In the event of any breach of any of the Terms and Conditions by any of the participants in the Contest, Mediacorp reserves the right to disqualify his/her entry.
10. Mediacorp reserves the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions, or to terminate or postpone the Contest at any time without prior notice.
11. All decisions made by Mediacorp shall be final and no appeals or correspondence will be entertained.
12. Mediacorp shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from participation in the Contest or any non-delivery of the prizes.
13. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by Mediacorp arising or with respect to the Contest and each participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to Mediacorp all consents and waivers necessary for Mediacorp to record and use the participant's performance, appearance and/or likeness as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as Mediacorp shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The participant acknowledges that Mediacorp shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Mediacorp, including without limitation the telephone call, telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Contest. Each participant hereby expressly waives any and all rights which the participant may acquire or have under the provisions of the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (and any subsequent enactment or amendments thereto) and any other moral rights which the participant(s) may have or be entitled under any such legislation now existing or in the future enacted in any part of the world.
14. Participants’ personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by Mediacorp and the Mediacorp group of companies (collectively “Mediacorp”) for the following purposes:
(a) for Mediacorp or its designated representatives or business partners to provide goods and services to the participant or parties designated by the participant and matters ancillary thereto.
(b) to verify and process payment when the participant purchase goods and services from Mediacorp.
(c) for verification and record of the participant’s personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with the participant.
(d) for research and analysis, including surveys and polls.
(e) to send the participant notices, information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to Mediacorp’s goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by Mediacorp.
(f) to comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence or misconduct or for the purposes of taking legal action against the participant.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, participants:
(a) consent to Mediacorp collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing their personal data for the purposes as described.
(b) consent to Mediacorp transferring their personal data out of Singapore to Mediacorp’s third party service providers or agents for the purposes as described above.
If any participant has any questions relating to Mediacorp’s collection, use and disclosure of his personal data, please contact Mediacorp’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
15. By entering this Contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this Contest.
16. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.