SINGAPORE: Seven new COVID-19 cases were reported in Singapore as of noon on Saturday (Nov 7), said the Ministry of Health (MOH).
All the new infections were imported cases, and had been placed on stay-home notice upon their arrival in Singapore. They were tested for COVID-19 during their stay-home notice - five were asymptomatic, while two were symptomatic.
The new infections bring Singapore's tally of COVID-19 cases to 58,054, with 28 fatalities.
The new imported cases include two Singaporeans who had returned from the United Kingdom and Canada, as well as a permanent resident who returned from South Korea.
There are also two cases who are currently employed in Singapore: A work pass holder who arrived from the Netherlands and and a work permit holder from Malaysia.
The remaining cases are short-term visit pass holders. The first - a 69-year-old British woman - was permitted entry into Singapore from the UK to visit her child who is a Singapore permanent resident.
The other is a 25-year-old Ukrainian who arrived from his home country to board a ship docked here as a crew member.
The cluster at Westlite Toh Guan Dormitory has closed, as there have been no more cases linked to the cluster in the last 28 days, said MOH.
NINE MORE DISCHARGED
Nine more COVID-19 cases have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities. In all, 57,968 have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities.
There are currently 34 COVID-19 patients who are still in hospital, MOH said. Of these, most are stable or improving, and no one is in the intensive care unit.
A total of 24 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are patients who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for COVID-19.
READ: Enhanced safety management measures at Changi Airport after 2 workers test positive for COVID-19
On Friday, the health and manpower ministries announced that all workers who have recovered from COVID-19 will be exempted from rostered routine testing.
The move comes after a review of the latest scientific evidence suggested that these workers are at "low risk" of re-infection.
The exemption applies to all workers residing in dormitories, as well as workers in the Construction, Marine and Process (CMP) sectors, regardless of their place of residence.
In addition, recovered workers within 180 days of infection need not be quarantined if they are identified as close contacts of COVID-19 cases, instead of the previous 150 days' threshold.
A "limited number" of nightlife establishments will also be allowed to reopen with COVID-19 safety measures in place under a pilot programme, authorities said on Friday.
READ: Some nightlife businesses allowed to reopen with COVID-19 safety measures under pilot programme
"The Government has been in close consultation with the nightlife industry to understand their concerns and has agreed to allow a limited number of nightlife establishments to reopen as pilots with stringent safe management measures," said the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said in a joint press release.
The ministries said they are working with various nightlife business associations to identify "a small number" of nightlife establishments to take part in the pilots.
Those taking part must adopt safe management measures, including ensuring that all customers wear masks at all times except while eating and drinking. This includes customers who are on the dance floor or singing. Alcohol cannot be sold, served or consumed after 10.30pm.
All customers entering karaoke lounges and nightclubs must have tested negative for COVID-19 24 hours prior to the end of the activity at the nightlife establishment. They must have undergone either a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or an antigen rapid test (ART).