Skip to main content
Best News Website or Mobile Service
WAN-IFRA Digital Media Awards Worldwide
Best News Website or Mobile Service
Digital Media Awards Worldwide
Hamburger Menu




Probation for man who sexually assaulted 2 girls in his youth group, stalked ex-girlfriend

The man was also part of the SG Nasi Lemak Telegram group, which circulated explicit photos and videos of women. 

Probation for man who sexually assaulted 2 girls in his youth group, stalked ex-girlfriend

File photo of the State Courts in Singapore (Photo: Jeremy Long)

SINGAPORE: A man sexually assaulted two teenage girls who were part of his youth group when he was 16 years old, taking advantage of one when she was ill and the other as she comforted him.

The man, now 22, had also harassed an ex-girlfriend, threatening to upload her explicit photographs and videos.

The Singaporean man was given 21 months of probation on Thursday (Sep 22) after previously pleading guilty to six charges relating to sexual penetration of a minor under 16, unlawful stalking and threatening to distribute intimate images or recordings. Another eight charges were considered for his sentencing.

In addition, he will have to perform 60 hours of community service and attend psychological treatment among other conditions.

None of the parties in this case can be named due to a court-imposed gag order.


One of the girls he sexually assaulted was 13 years old then. The man knew that she had a crush on him. However, the pair never dated.

He asked this girl home in 2016, claiming that he needed someone to confide his personal problems in. While in his bedroom, the man began to cry and hugged the victim.

The victim reluctantly hugged him back, believing that she was consoling him. However, the man abruptly kissed her lips before sexually assaulting her.

“The accused then told (the victim) that he knew (the victim) wanted to have sex with her. (The victim) told the accused that he was mistaken, because she had not even kissed anyone before the accused had suddenly kissed her without her consent,” court documents read.

Ignoring the girl’s protests, the man pinned her down and sexually assaulted her.

After the incident, the man ignored the girl and treated her coldly. It dawned on the girl that the man was not interested in a relationship and was only using her to satisfy his lust.

The man also sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl whom he dated for two months. They began dating in June 2016 but the girl broke up with him after discovering that he had been cheating on her.

The pair agreed to meet for breakfast one morning in June 2016. However, the girl came down with a fever. Instead of cancelling the date, the man got the victim to rest at his home before they went out.

The girl rested on his bed intending to take a nap, but the man sexually assaulted her. The girl was unable to fend him off in her weak state, court documents stated.

The offences came to light in 2018 when the man shared with his mentor at the youth group that he had had sex with three girls in 2016.

The mentor lodged a police report on May 21, 2018.


The man also harassed an ex-girlfriend and her family.

The two began dating in February 2018 but the girl, whose age was undisclosed, soon came to realise that the man kept texting other girls. She initiated a breakup but the man would threaten to kill himself. When those threats lost effect, the man would turn up at the girl’s workplace uninvited.

Even when the girl left for an overseas internship in 2019, the man would harass her colleagues and family members when she did not respond to his messages.

“The aim of these messages was to force (the victim) into texting the accused, by disrupting her work at the internship until she acceded to his demands," said court documents. 

"In his messages to her colleagues and family members, the accused threatened to repeatedly call (the victim’s) office and make sure that she would not be able to do her work, or even falsely informed her colleagues that (the victim) was either skipping work or even resigning.

“The accused also cast aspersions on (the victim’s) character by sending profanity-laden messages ... To cause further alarm, the accused also threatened to make a police report on the false allegation that (the victim) was being harassed by her male boss.”

In 2020, the girl broke up with the man but lodged a police report after the man threatened to expose her compromising photos and videos online. The man had refused to delete them after the relationship ended.

The victim felt alarmed as she had found out that the man was a member of the SG Nasi Lemak Telegram group that shared obscene media of women.

She lodged several police reports against the man over the harassment. 

Source: CNA/wt(gr)


Also worth reading