Skip to main content
Advertisement
Advertisement

Singapore

Covid-19: MOH refutes online rumours claiming maid in Singapore died of virus

Covid-19: MOH refutes online rumours claiming maid in Singapore died of virus

In a media statement, MOH clarified that there had been no fatality related to the virus in Singapore as of 4pm on Friday.

28 Feb 2020 07:10PM

SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday (Feb 28) refuted a rumour circulating on social media claiming that a foreign domestic worker had died from Covid-19 in Singapore.

In a media statement, MOH clarified that there had been no fatality related to the virus in Singapore as of 4pm on Friday.

A Twitter user claimed in a tweet dated Thursday that his maid’s friend, who is also a maid, had just died from Covid-19 in Singapore.

The MOH statement, apparently referring to the maid in question, said: “She was tested for Covid-19 and found to be negative.”

As of noon on Thursday, there were three new cases of Covid-19 infection, including a Raffles Institution (RI) student, while another four patients had recovered and been discharged.

This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 96. Of these, 66 have fully recovered while 30 are still in hospital, eight in a critical condition, MOH said on Thursday.

MOH urged members of the public to not speculate or spread unfounded rumours. Instead, they can visit the ministry’s website for updates on the coronavirus situation.

Source: TODAY
Advertisement

Also worth reading

Advertisement