SINGAPORE: Singapore telco MyRepublic said mobile network connectivity has been fully restored for affected customers after a disruption on Wednesday (Mar 31) morning.
The connectivity issue was identified to be with a software provider and its cloud service, the company said in a statement.
MyRepublic said it started receiving reports of connectivity issues around 7am and immediately investigated the situation to implement fixes.
"Some users reported resumption by 10.29am. After monitoring traffic performance to ensure no further interruptions, MyRepublic has reported full service recovery at 10.45am," the company said.
The telco added that it will be putting measures in place to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
MyRepublic customers started reporting network outages at about 7am, according to monitoring website Downdetector. At the peak, about 600 reports were made.
Many customers left comments on MyRepublic's Facebook page and tweeted at the telco, expressing frustration and asking for technical support.
"Three mobile lines on my end, all affected. And one my wife uses for work. This is really disappointing," tweeted Mr David Chieng.
Several customers, giving their locations in various parts of Singapore, said they noticed their MyRepublic mobile lines had been down since 7am.
A few said the outage started earlier, with one saying there had been no service since Tuesday night.
MyRepublic told CNA that the incident on Tuesday night was an isolated case and was not related to Wednesday morning's mobile network outage.
MyRepublic's broadband and voice services were not affected, according to the telco's network status page.
MyRepublic launched mobile services in Singapore in 2018, offering plans with unlimited data and no lock-in contract commitment.