Skip to main content

Advertisement

Advertisement

Singapore

Worker dies after being electrocuted in workplace incident at Police NS Department site

SINGAPORE: A 27-year-old foreign worker died after he was electrocuted in a workplace accident on Thursday (Oct 15).

The worker was dismantling an electrical distribution board at 170 Still Road, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said on Monday in response to queries from CNA.

The Police National Service Department is located at that address.

"A 27-year-old Indian national was dismantling an electrical distribution board when he was electrocuted. The worker was conveyed to Changi General Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries," said MOM.

Police told CNA it received a call for assistance at 1.18pm on Thursday. "A 27-year-old man was conveyed unconscious to Changi General Hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead," they said.

According to MOM, the deceased's employer is engineering and IT solutions provider STIE. MOM is investigating the incident.

Source: CNA/aa(rw)

Advertisement

Also worth reading

Advertisement