Kallang Wave Mall, Seoul Garden restaurant in Bugis Junction among places visited by Covid-19 cases while infectious
The Seoul Garden restaurant at Bugis Junction mall was visited by Covid-19 patients while they were infectious on Aug 7 between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
SINGAPORE — The Seoul Garden restaurant at Bugis Junction, a McDonald’s outlet in Bukit Batok as well as the Kallang Wave Mall were among the locations added to a list of public places that had been visited by Covid-19 cases during their infectious period.
In its evening update on the coronavirus situation in Singapore on Tuesday (Aug 18), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said that the infectious patients had visited:
Kallang Wave Mall on Aug 7 between 3.15pm and 4.15pm
Seoul Garden restaurant at Bugis Junction mall on Aug 7 between 5.30pm and 7.30pm
SBCD Korean Tofu House at Guoco Tower in Tanjong Pagar on Aug 8 between 8.20pm and 9.30pm
Wan Shun Foodcourt at 888 Plaza along Woodlands Drive 50 on Aug 9 between 10pm and 1am
McDonald’s outlet at 632 Bukit Batok Central on Aug 15 between 5.30pm and 6.30pm
MOH said that it would have already notified individuals who were identified as close contacts of the confirmed cases.
"As a precautionary measure, persons who had been at these locations during the specified timings should monitor their health closely for 14 days from their date of visit," it added.
"They should see a doctor promptly if they develop symptoms of acute respiratory infection (such as cough, sore throat and runny nose), as well as fever and loss of taste or smell, and inform the doctor of their exposure history."
Members of the public do not need to avoid places where confirmed cases of Covid-19 have been, MOH said.
The National Environment Agency will engage the management of the affected premises to provide guidance on cleaning and disinfection.
On Tuesday, MOH reported 100 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore. Of these, two are imported while one is a case in the community. The remaining 97 are foreign workers staying in dormitories.