Skip to main content
Advertisement
Advertisement

Singapore

Store assistant injured after glass panel at Bobbi Brown in Ion Orchard shatters on first day of reopening

Store assistant injured after glass panel at Bobbi Brown in Ion Orchard shatters on first day of reopening

A view of Ion Orchard mall. An employee working in the mall was taken to a hospital after being hurt by a shattered glass panel.

16 Jun 2021 08:35PM (Updated: 17 Jun 2021 05:08AM)

SINGAPORE — A shop assistant was injured after a glass panel at a Bobbi Brown cosmetics store in Ion Orchard shattered on the first day of the mall's reopening on Wednesday (June 16).

Ion Orchard was closed for four days from June 12 as a precautionary measure after several Covid-19 cases were linked to the mall.

The mall said in a statement on Wednesday that the incident happened at about 11am at the Bobbi Brown store.

A single glass panel shattered when the shop was being opened for the day by the store assistant, Ion Orchard said in response to questions from CNA.

The worker suffered some cuts and was given first aid by an officer working in the mall.

The person was later taken to the Singapore General Hospital, the Singapore Civil Defence Force told CNA.

"We are in touch with the Bobbi Brown management and understand that the staff is recovering at home. We will render additional support to them as necessary," Ion Orchard said.

ENTIRE MALL 'THOROUGHLY CLEANED'

Ion Ochard was reopened on Wednesday with approval from the Ministry of Health (MOH), the mall said in a separate statement on Wednesday.

Ion Sky on the 55th and 56th levels, which offers panoramic views of the city, will also be reopened to visitors with enhanced safe management measures in place, it added.

The entire mall and its stores were "thoroughly cleaned and disinfected" in line with guidelines from the authorities during the closure.

All staff members and tenants — including contractors and vendors who worked at the mall from May 28 to June 11 — were also required to undergo a swab test during the period of closure, MOH said previously.

The mall said: "Ion Orchard continues to focus on the safety and well-being of its shoppers, visitors and working communities, and will continue to work closely with the authorities on any additional necessary precautionary measures." CNA

For more reports like this, visit cna.asia.  

Source: TODAY
Advertisement

Also worth reading

Advertisement