The Millennial Investor
The Millennial Investor - S1E1: Halal Indonesia
With the largest Muslim population in the world, Indonesia has ambitions to become the global halal hub. Entrepreneur and investor Anna Haotanto discovers if there are opportunities abound.
A new breed of business minds discovers emerging opportunities in one of the fastest growing regions in the world. Like the traffic jams of Bangladesh, the fashion runways of Indonesia espousing modest fashion, the Esports arenas of Tokyo, high-tech sustainability farms of Singapore and the mammoth food manufacturing factories of Vietnam.
Five successful millennial CEOs and investors meet a wide spectrum of locals from the man on the street to big conglomerates and even legislators to discover the next big drivers of growth. Not your strawberry generation, they are entrepreneurs with a difference:
- Former private banker, Anna Haotanto, founder of three companies including The New Savvy and ABZD Capital
- Elijah Yang, founder of three companies including Launch I/O which invests in emerging technology
- Dinesh Balasingam, Regional Head of Business at Chope
- Hao Tran, CEO of Vietcetera Media
- Chris Chong, serial entrepreneur of Beeconomic fame